Company: Harlequin Enterprises ULC
Department: Harlequin Trade Publishing
Reporting To: Marketing Manager, MIRA Books
Status: Regular Full Time
Location: 22 Adelaide Street West, Toronto (hybrid model, with occasional travel required)
We celebrate and support the differences that make each of us unique, striving to create a welcoming workplace that ensures everyone has a voice and is able to do their best work. We welcome all applicants, including those who identify with groups that are traditionally underrepresented in the publishing industry including, but not limited to, Black, Indigenous, people of colour, members of the LGBTQIA2S+ community, and persons with disabilities. Join us, and share your story.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the Marketing Manager in the development of brand and promotional initiatives that support business strategies to increase brand awareness, readership, sales and profitability of the MIRA and HQN businesses in North America.
The Marketing Coordinator is directly responsible for the execution of initiatives, promotional plans, and partnerships to increase awareness, develop audiences to drive sales to meet the division’s strategic and financial objectives. You will help see a book campaign through its entire life, from early stage (reading manuscripts and brainstorming marketing plans that include galley strategy, promotional material, online engagement, and advertising), right through to development and execution.
Team Communications: (30%)
Marketing Strategy & Execution: (50%)
Specific training or job experience required includes:
• 2 + years of publishing or marketing experience, with a strong background in digital and social media marketing and proven ability to establish and measure against campaign KPI’s
• Enthusiastic team player with exceptional creativity, problem solving, decision-making and presentation skills
• Calm under pressure, with the ability to take initiative and prioritize multiple projects under tight timelines.
• Strong relationship management experience
• Results oriented with strong eye to detail
What's in It For You?
• The opportunity to be part of a company on the leading edge of publishing, working with a very talented team and exceptional books
• Summer Hours from late May to early September
• Hybrid work, flexible start/stop times
• Paid time off days and vacation allotment, starting at three weeks (prorated based on start date)
• Flexible benefit plans to fit your needs and pension matching
• Various virtual social activities to keep you connected – we love trivia!
• Virtual author events and access to discounted books
• Working with passionate people!
About HarperCollins Canada and Harlequin
Harlequin is a leading publisher of commercial fiction and narrative nonfiction. We publish more than 100 titles a month that reach audiences globally. Encompassing highly recognizable imprints that span a broad number of genres, we are home to many award-winning New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling authors. Harlequin is a division of HarperCollins Publishers, the second-largest consumer book publisher in the world. Through HarperCollins’s global publishing program, Harlequin titles are published in 17 countries and 16 languages.
Known worldwide for the quality of its list, HarperCollins Canada is the proud home of many bestselling and award-winning authors, including Esi Edugyan, Heather O’Neill, and Lawrence Hill. It is our vision to publish the best books of our generation and to work with authors over the length and breadth of their careers. Our authors are at the centre of everything we do. In addition to the Canadian publishing program, HarperCollins Canada is responsible for the sales, marketing, and publicity of HarperCollins titles from around the globe.
HarperCollins Canada and Harlequin are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to equal employment opportunities. Employment decisions are based on job requirements and the skills, knowledge, and experience of the candidate, regardless of any other factors unrelated to job performance. We are also committed to ensuring that the accessibility needs of candidates and employees are considered and accommodated during the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.